Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Number 5

This morning we welcomed our 5th ‘pool guy’ through the gate.

Dave.

Every pool guy in the past has guaranteed that they would return every month to maintain our magnesium filtered pool but none of them ever returned.

Dave has made the same promise and he services three of our neighbour’s pools as well so we are hopeful that Dave will be our guy.

Fingers crossed.

Magnesium is very hard to come by at the moment and very expensive so that could be bothersome in our future.

Before the pool guy arrived, I finally put all the market gear away.

When we arrived home from the markets on Saturday afternoon, Adoring Husband had piled everything onto a folding table in the carport for me to sort through and put away.

It’s taken me until today to do it! I’m surprised Harley didn’t find something interesting to steal and chew up.

My next decision was to make some apple and cinnamon muffins. I chopped up a whole apple and added it to the mix - delicious!

Lasagne for dinner tonight.

Lots of play time with Harley as well as cuddle time on the couch.

It’s been a good day.







Nite all.

No comments: