Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Rest Day

Saw this today and it resonated …

The Lie said to the Truth, "Let's take a bath together, the well water is very nice.” 

The Truth, still suspicious, tested the water and found out it really was nice, so they got naked and bathed. 

But suddenly, the Lie leapt out of the water and fled, wearing the clothes of the Truth.

The Truth, furious, climbed out of the well to get her clothes back, but the World, upon seeing the naked Truth, looked away, with anger and contempt.

Poor Truth returned to the well and disappeared forever, hiding her shame. Since then, the Lie runs around the world, dressed as the Truth, and society is very happy...

Because the world has no desire to know the naked Truth.


After yesterday’s big market adventure, I slept soundly last night for a solid seven hours and woke feeling quite refreshed.

Until I had to water the garden, because BGWLBH is still too weak to get about, and after almost 90 minutes out in the morning sunshine, I once again felt drained and in need of rest.

I changed into my swimmers and slid into the cool water of the pool and spent an hour swimming and playing with Harley, listening to Adoring Husband carry on about unexpected water that he found in and on the kitchen cupboards in the pool kitchen (until he realised that he’d accidentally done it himself about a week ago).

I gave up on any further conversation with him and returned inside to make banana bread - gluten free of course - because sugar helps everything feel better.

After I served BGWLBH a cup of tea and a still warm slice of banana bread, I planted my butt on the couch and watched part of a movie before the football started. 

Needless to say, I fell asleep on the couch for about an hour!

I cooked chicken in a tomato base with baked vegetables and greens for dinner and of course, some more banana bread for dessert.

It’s the MAFS finale this week so naturally, I watched that tonight.

I’ll be having a visitor tomorrow morning so it’s time for me to sleep now.



Real places …




Nite all.

No comments: