Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 9, 2023

Happy Easter

A quiet Easter Sunday for us.

BGWLBH gave us Easter gifts. Two different soy free chocolate bars for Adoring Husband and two jars of yumminess for me. Spiced pear paste and a bruschetta relish.

It was a lovely surprise but I felt bad for not having a gift for her.

I cooked up the usual breakfast for us all before taking Harley out for extended play time around the pool.

The weather was glorious today so 90 minutes by the pool was lovely … even when Harley jumped in the pool and then lay across my lap three times! 

After that it was definitely necessary for me to have a shower, so I washed my hair and donned my art overalls ready to add more to my octopus…

It’s coming along nicely and so far I’m happy with it.

I baked a butter cake and topped it with passionfruit icing.

BGWLBH created a big grazing platter for our lunch. 

While I was doing art, I was listening to a 90s playlist on Apple Music when the theme song from the movie “Robin Hood Prince of Thieves” came on. It was then my mission to find it and watch it!

I first looked in Foxtel where I found it, but at a price of $4.99, so I looked in Netflix and Stan without success. Then I remembered that I had a dvd of it somewhere so AH and I spent ten minutes searching through our extensive dvd library and finally found it.

It is the extended version, which I didn’t realise until after I watched it, and I was confused by parts of it that I couldn’t remember ever seeing before (I’ve watched this movie about 25 times) and the extended bits really weren’t necessary for the movie.

I still swooned over Kevin Costner. He’s a bit yummy.

We watched two games of footy, both with terrible results for my tipping. It’s been a bad weekend for my tips.

BGWLBH and I forgot about the twilight markets which were on in town this afternoon so unfortunately we missed them.

Poached chicken with baked vegetables for dinner. 

Now I’m tired and it’s time to sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: