Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Lovely Feet

My appointment at The Massage House in Pialba was for 10.30am.

My consultant was Jill.

She massaged my feet from mid calf to the tips of my toes for 30 minutes.

Jill told me that I had great feet. No calluses or bunions or corns or cracked heels or dry skin and my toes are perfectly straight and aligned well, which is unusual for someone of my age.

I told her that I thank my mother for always having my shoes fitted professionally when I was a child and I never wore stilettos or pointy toed shoes as an adult.

It was a delightful 30 minutes and she found spots on my feet that were tight and knotted so she gave those spots a good ‘going over’, causing me a little bit of pain, but it was very much worth it.

Next time I’m going to had a ‘foot detox’ before the massage!

I was very happy with the service, the price AND the actual massage, so I’ll return.

We did lots of shopping today, including a new top for me, this years Christmas present for Chicklet, some art pens, some clothes for Hazie, groceries, lotto tickets, tea from Nana’s Pantry and we booked eye appointments at OPSM.

We didn’t have breakfast at Table Eleven as originally planned but went to one of our favourite haunts, Bean Beat instead. Now my eyelids are struggling to stay open so it’s sleep time for me.









Nite all.

No comments: