Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 26, 2023

First Big Scare

Poor Harley.

I had a plant like this …

It died. Adoring Husband hoped to resurrect it but it was too far gone. 

This afternoon, Harley found the stem/trunk of this plant, picked it up in his mouth like a big cigar and began to run. As he ran, the other end of the trunk hit the ground and with a sudden jolt the whole trunk jammed into the back of his mouth.

He released it with a mighty yelp and ran into the house.

As I followed him, I picked up the trunk to put it where he wouldn’t be able to reach it again but he came to the door and saw me holding it, yelped again and ran behind Adoring Husband!

I walked inside and sat on the couch so he very gingerly crawled onto my lap and put his head down for me to Pat him.

BGWLBH came out of her room and as I explained to her what had happened, he climbed onto her lap asking for sympathy.

After she left the room, AH sat beside me on the couch and Harley climbed on top of him!

I couldn’t see any wound or damage in his mouth and I hand fed him his dinner a bit early to make sure he could eat and swallow without issue.

He was unusually quiet all afternoon sitting beside me on the lounge for about half an hour and then happily staying in his crate for 3 hours sleeping on his back.

Before we came to bed, I led him out of the crate and I walked to the back door - he always pees before bed - and usually follows me, but he sat at the doorway of the lounge room and looked at me as if to say “I’m not going outside where it’s dangerous!”

I had to slowly lure him out with treats!

Once he was outside, he seemed fine and did what he had to do before returning inside to bed.

It was quite traumatic for me to see and hear that happen and I know it could have been much worse but the fear in his eyes was horrible and I don’t want my Harley to ever feel fear and pain like that again.

It was a morning of trivia and an afternoon of quiz shows.

BGWLBH and I drove out to Raintree to pick up our eggs from The Happy Hippy and visit Farm Gate for some fresh produce.

Tomorrow, I’m getting picked up early for a drive out to The Gypsy’s abode and a morning of meditation.

I am really looking forward to it.

I’m about to fall asleep watching the football.






Nite all.

No comments: