Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 27, 2023

Recharged

I was lucky enough to spend four hours with The Gypsy today.

90 minutes in a meditation class with three other people and 2.5 hours with her over tea and slice.

The time was healing and helpful and energising and therapeutic and cathartic.

I miss her regular classes and I wish we lived closer because I would attend all of her classes and retreats and probably use her counselling services too.

It has been 6 months since her life saving surgery and she is still recovering so she is still a little fragile.

I left at 8am and returned home at 2.45pm.

Adoring Husband and BGWLBH survived the caring duties of Harley and he survived as well! So it was a successful day all round.

I cooked duck with sweet potato chips, buttered carrot, broccoli and spinach and a salad of cherry tomatoes, cucumber, rocket, radish and charred pear pieces. 

We watched two games of football tonight and so far I’m doing well with my tips and have tipped them all correctly! 

It’s almost 10.30pm and I’m feeling a bit weary now.



Nite all.

No comments: