Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 22, 2023

Testicles Gone

What an eventful day!

Before we even got Harley through the vet’s doors, he spotted a dog about 50 feet away and decided, for the first time, to go off his rocker. He seemed very angry and if I hadn’t held tight to his leash, he’d have been face to face with that dog in 2 seconds flat!

Normally, he’s a bit of a scaredy cat, so I doubt if anything would have happened because the other dogs owner explained that his dog just wants to play with everyone. He was a big dog too, and also going in for castration. 

We had six hours to kill so we drove to Bean Beat for breakfast, only to discover that their kitchen was closed for maintenance work. Very disappointing.

So we decided to eat at Aquavue …


What a beautiful morning!

I selected the Canadian pancake breakfast, which was delicious. Adoring Husband chose his usual Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon. I even ordered a small latte which was amazingly delicious.

Our stops were Rivers, BIGW, Su Jus cafe for a green juice, Nanas Pantry, Stocklands to drop AH’s broken glasses into Specsavers, KMart, the hearing Aid place, Sushi for lunch, Coles, Bakery, Petbarn and GD supplies for AH’s work stuff.

We still had 30 minutes to kill, so we drove to Point Vernon, found a lovely quiet seat looking over the water and just sat together for 20 minutes.




Harley was ready to come home about an hour earlier than expected so we were happy to go pick him up after his surgery and recovery period.

He was not happy to be wearing his cone and when we put him in the back of the car, within two minutes, he had somehow stretched his car leash enough to jump over the back seat!

We found a carpark and I reattached the leash to a lower point so that he couldn’t get over the seat. 

Before we had even backed out of the parking space, he had removed the cone!

So I again got out of the car and opened the rear door expecting to just reattach the cone, but he had actually slipped out of his harness as well and he jumped out of the car as I opened the door! Thank God I was able to grab him because we were on a main road and he could easily have raced out in front of cars to his death!

We decided that I would sit in the back seat with Harley, which meant transferring all of our shopping from the back seat to the rear area and then attaching his car leash to the seatbelt lock.

I didn’t have a hope in hell of reattaching his cone at that stage, but luckily, he was so relieved to be closer to me, he lay down with his head on my lap and went to sleep.

At home, I was easily able to reattach the cone and even though he has had moments of struggle when he has attempted to remove it, he listens well to me and settles quickly.

He was very dozy for a few hours and slept a lot. It also took him over five hours to have his first pee!

This is going to be a very tiring and stressful week.

No walking, no running, no exercise, no swimming, no jumping, no playing for a week to ten days!

Ugh!

He barely fits in his bed with the cone on, so I imagine my sleep will be broken … a lot!

I wasn’t allowed to feed him until 5pm and boy was he hungry!! 

I should try to sleep now - what do they say? Sleep while the baby sleeps 😊

Nite all.

No comments: