Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Totally Drained

Last night, all night, was loud, disruptive, broken and tiring.

Harley’s sleeping cage is only just the right size for him. Add a big plastic cone to his size and that big hard plastic structure bashes against the walls of that cage every time he moves!

There was much banging and crashing more often than hourly so sound sleep eluded me.

We were up at 6am and by then, Harley had renewed energy with no understanding of his physical restrictions or his supersized personal space.

He got the zoomies, on more than one occasion he almost amputated my legs with that massive plastic cone, he jumped up onto the furniture (and down and up and down and up), he ran around the back yard and he moved the entire room of furniture.

By 9am we decided that a crate was the only way we could keep him restrained and safe from himself so Adoring Husband drove into The Bay and purchased this …

I tied it to his bed cage and between the two, he has enough room to move freely while being safely restrained.

I’ve taken him outside every hour for water, peeing and pooping.

Of course he is not happy because he wants to play and he keeps walking me to the pool gate and standing there waiting for me to open it. I had to pick up all of his toys and balls and put them up high where he can’t reach them.

It’s going to be a very long week.

I’m supposed to be going into The Bay tomorrow to visit Best Cousin in the World while she is in treatment but I think it would be in all our best interests if I remain at home and continue to monitor Harley Turdburger. I think it’s too early to leave him in Adoring Husband’s care.

I need to go out all day on Saturday, so I think I’ll save it for then.

It’s not even 9.30pm and I’m exhausted so I think I’ll attempt to sleep now.





Nite all.

No comments: