Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Fully Productive

I cooked breakfast for the gang.

Harley and I walked to the Lions Park for our catch up with the girls.

He met Salty the Bedlington Terrier and was very well behaved.

He’s not quite walking on a loose leash, but he’s not pulling me as if he’s taking ME for a walk. He didn’t try to chase cars today either!

We stayed for a bit over an hour and left them to continue without us - for another 3 hours!

Harley was rewarded with some play around the pool before I gave him his daily bone to chew on and I decided to bake some apple muffins.

Once I got them in the oven, I chopped up the vegetables for Harley’s weekly dinners. I boiled pumpkin, carrot, sweet potato, broccoli, beans and celery. I mixed it with, 3 raw eggs + shells, coconut oil, hemp seeds and 3 kgs of raw beef mince. It made 14 meals for him.

When the muffins were ready, I decided to make some custard to pour over mine. There’s nothing better than hot apple and custard. Yum!

Adoring Husband arrived home from collecting this weeks FROG box, so I unpacked our order and put all of the goodies away.

I sat with BGWLBH and we enjoyed a cup of herbal tea with our warm muffins.

By then it was 1pm and I was in need of putting my feet up for some relaxation so I joined AH in the lounge room.

I watched my quiz shows, had my afternoon play with Harley and cooked some laksa chicken for dinner.

We played trivia for 90 minutes before the new quiz show - The 1% Club - came on.

It’s been a big day and I think I’ll sleep well tonight.





Nite all.

No comments: