Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 14, 2023

Eurovision No 1

I haven’t watched all of it, but this is the first time that I’ve seen a good portion of Eurovision.

Gotta say I’m not a fan.

Like Hollywood, it’s just another event to stroke massive egos and in my opinion, some of the so-called ‘talent’ are missing quite a bit of ‘talent’.

There is obviously a truckload of money tossed in the mix that could have been better spent on more worthy causes.

Apparently, Eurovision has a bigger global audience than the Academy Awards!

Harley and I had a big 45 minute walk today and he was well behaved, although still wanting to chase cars. I need to explain to him that cars are not cattle or sheep and he doesn’t have to round them up!

We returned home from the walk and played around the pool for another 20 minutes and Harley dived into the pool to cool down.

BGWLBH did lots more art today but I only have a couple of pics …




I spent some more time on mine too. Still lots more to do though.


I received phone calls from Vegan Chickie and Number One Son for Mothers Day and a private message from Bubbles later today. It was lovely to see Chicklet and Hazey on a FaceTime call too.

Instead of the planned lamb roast, I crumbed some chicken and served it with two salads.

We watched the football and I tipped 6 out of 8 correctly this week.

Now I’m ready for sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: