Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 18, 2023

That Scary Place

Off to Maryborough for the markets and art shop this morning.

Our first stop was breakfast.

I purchased $50 worth of healthy treats for Harley including dried sardines and other fish products, dried meaty sticks of duck, lamb, kangaroo, beef, crocodile and chicken. I also got some GF donuts, a top for me, snow peas, a very special paint brush, 3 sea shells, and some thick but light boards to protect my art when on display.

I put my lotto on and found some well priced tracky daks for Adoring Husband as well as the latest NSW State of Origin hoody.  My trusty butcher cut up a big marrow bone and a neck bone for me to freeze for Harley.

We also visited Lincraft to get some art pens but I controlled myself well.

Even though we were home before 2pm, it was a long day and we were buggered. We’d walked a fair distance carrying a load each.

I unpacked our goodies and made a late lunch for everyone before putting my feet up to watched what was left of my game shows.

Before I cooked dinner, I took Harley out for a play around the pool.

We had crispy skin chicken with vegetables, including sweet potato from our garden! I par boiled chunks of it and then lightly fried it. 

My beloved Broncos lost to Penrith tonight - a tough game without their captain.

Now it’s time to sleep. I’m hoping to relax with some art tomorrow.





Nite all.

No comments: