Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Pavlova Overdose

I made a pavlova yesterday - just for me.

I ate a quarter of it after dinner last night.

Another quarter for morning tea today.

The third quarter for afternoon tea.

I’m strongly considering eating the last quarter before going to bed.

I want it to be all gone because the sugar overload is not doing me any favours and even though it tastes divine, my body is complaining in the worst way.

I won’t be making another pavlova any time soon.

We had bacon and eggs for breakfast after which Harley and I spent some quality time around the pool and I followed that up with some art. I did some more to the octopus and then searched through my stored art pieces for the ones that I want to attempt to sell.


Tomorrow I hope to varnish as many pieces as possible. There’s only three weeks until the expo.

I watched 2.5 episodes of Stranger Things because Chicklet watches it religiously. I really like it so I’ll continue watching it and it’ll be nice to write about it in our letters.

There were three games of footy on today so from 2pm I’ve been planted on the couch, sometimes napping but mostly watching the games.

Adoring Husband went off to mow lawns for work and BGWLBH sat in her room doing some very intricate artwork.

I have Harley asleep at my feet right now and I’m watching the French Open tennis. I hope I can stay awake long enough to see Djokovic play.

I doubt it haha.




Nite all.

No comments: