Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 10, 2023

Soul to Soul

I left Harley in the capable hands of BGWLBH and Adoring Husband for almost 7 hours while I spent some quality time with two special people.

Heart of Gold picked me up just after 8am and we drove to The Gypsy in Dallarnil for some meditation, fresh country air and some soul searching.

Whether it’s the best of times or the worst of times, time spent with those two is precious and always good for the soul.

By the time I got home, it was almost 3pm and I was starving! So I made myself a sandwich and sat down just in time for the football.

There have been a couple of upsets this weekend so nobody in the tipping comp is doing very well, me included.

I stayed awake until 2.30am watching the Djokovic vs Alcaraz tennis final. Thankfully it was a bit of an anticlimax because in the third set, Alcaraz got severe cramps through his body and the residual pain caused his tennis game to fall apart and Djokovic won in four sets.

I say ‘thankfully’ because had they both remained strong and fit for the duration of the match, it would have lasted a good 5 hours, resulting in no sleep for me! 

Alcaraz is an amazing player for a 20 yr old and Djokovic is an amazing player for a 36 yr old. One set apiece before the cramps set in, showing how evenly matched they were.

I thoroughly enjoyed it while it lasted.

With only four hours of sleep, broken by a pee break (!) I am now feeling very weary, so it’s sleep time for me.





Nite all.

No comments: