Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 11, 2023

New Telly

Over the last year or so, the TV in my bedroom has dropped 4 or 5 channels. A few of the 7 channels and a couple of the 9 channels.

It’s 12 years old.

It never bothered me until this last fortnight when I was unable to watch the French Open tennis because 9 Gem was the last channel to disappear. I had to stay in the lounge room or log in to the 9 NOW app on my iPad.

Adoring Husband drove into The Bay today and purchased a new smart TV that was on sale at Harvey Normans.

Together, and surprisingly without any arguing, we removed the old telly, installed the new one on the wall mount and signed into the wifi, setting up the channels and logging into all the important stuff like Netflix, Foxtel, YouTube etc.

After the old telly was removed, I washed the walls, dusted the skirting boards and vacuumed the carpet before the new one came in.

We disassembled the pedestal fan that stands underneath the TV and I cleaned the blades and the cage before putting it all back together.

I cleared some books, sorted through 2 bags of paperwork, dusted my Goddess Fortuna, wrestled with Harley each time he jumped on my bed to mess up my neat piles, found a home for some clothes that were in the corner and returned some shoes to the drawers under my bed.

Harley thought it was great fun jumping on and off the bed. Until yesterday, he had never been on my bed so it’s all new to him.

When I got bored with cleaning my room (my dressing table is still a disaster area), I moved into the art space and varnished four more of my paintings.

The footy came on at 4pm so I lay on my bed watching my new TV until it was time to start dinner.

I’d taken some salmon steaks out of the freezer early in the morning, but did not unwrap them from the paper and plastic, so 7 hours later, they were still frozen!

Very annoying.

I had to formulate a Plan B and decided to make up a creamy lemon and honey sauce to pour over the frozen steaks and cook them in a very hot oven for 30 minutes. It worked a treat and the sauce reduced to a nice thick sticky consistency which was so full of flavour. I served them with potato and sweet potato mash and a broccoli, zucchini, bok choy and tomato mix sautéed in butter.

I enjoyed it very much.

So my day has been quite productive and I’m feeling good for it. I also cooked breakfast and played with Harley for an hour.

Tomorrow will be washing day!



Nite all.

No comments: