Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Still At It

Still in training.

Harley was a bit smelly so we went jumping in the pool early this morning. It’s a very expensive bath tub right? We humans wont be using it again until October so Harley may as well make the most of it.

Once he was fresh and clean and I had changed into walking clothes, we headed out for a big walk.

He decided today that trucks and utes need to be chased. Cars and motorbikes are safe.

We walked for over an hour, including 15 minutes on the beach. Harley would love to be set free to chase seagulls and he almost took me for a drag along the sand when he suddenly and unexpectedly decided to chase some birds.

Other than that, I extended the leash to full length, but Harley still stayed close and kept looking back to make sure I was still there.

When we returned home, he still wanted to play so I took him back to the pool area for another 20 minutes to chase the ball around.

That was it for my day.

I parked my butt on the lounge and watched ‘Stranger Things’ all day. I’m up to Season 3 now!

Dinner was chicken breast in a chilli orange sauce served with stir fried vegetables and sweet potato, potato mash.

It’s 11.15pm and I’m feeling a touch weary now.







Nite all.

No comments: