Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 16, 2023

Even Less

Absolutely nothing happened today - except in the kitchen.

I prepared a vegetable, eggplant and chickpea casserole for The Gypsy who is staying at Heart of Gold’s house for the weekend. I also made some mini zucchini tarts.

For us, I made a small zucchini tart.

That was the long and the short of my day.

I watched mindless drivel on TV - so mindless, I can’t even remember any of it,

I napped this afternoon.

The reason my day was so drab is because I was chatting online with my brother who lives in a cold broken down old bus until 2.30am.

He has no blankets or doonas to keep warm and goes to bed fully clothed wrapped in a summer sleeping bag.

He is looking gaunt and thin and decidedly unwell and I know he is currently on anti depressants and anti anxiety medication. Who knows what else.

The idea of him expiring from hypothermia in that bus bothered the hell out of me, so I searched online and found a sleeping bag that keeps you warm at -7.9°C. I ordered and paid for it as a click and collect from BCF and he walked there this afternoon to pick it up. 

He should be toasty warm tonight and I will be sleeping better knowing that.

Needless to say, after only 3.5 hours sleep last night, I couldn’t keep my eyes open at 2.30pm this afternoon.

Harley jumping on me certainly didn’t allow any sound sleep but I dozed on and off over a 90 minute period.

Now it’s time to sleep in my warm and snug bed.






Nite all.

No comments: