Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 12, 2023

Winning Again

I am so happy to have stayed awake to watch Djokovic win the French Open last night.

He’s a true sporting champion and has broken so many records in the tennis world. He’d have broken some much sooner without the Covid BS that took over the world and blocked his opportunities for 3 years.

He has worked hard and with so much conviction that he has now, at the ripe old age of 36, returned to his Number One position. He has broken Roger Federer’s records who retired at age 41 so he still has 5 years to create new records that will probably never be broken.

He donates half of his tennis earnings to various charities all over the world and he’s a true gentleman.

I have the utmost respect and admiration for this man who, like me, took a stand regarding vaccines and did not back down - he had a LOT more to lose than me.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Today was another productive one.

I cooked breakfast for everyone and made up Harley food for the freezer.

Harley and I then walked for 90 minutes and played around the pool for 20 minutes.

I followed that up with baking apple and cinnamon muffins.

I cleaned a couple of paintings ready to be varnished.

I did two loads of washing.

I got to watch my quiz shows and spent another 20 minutes with Harley around the pool before the footy started. 

I cooked crispy skinned chicken and served it with sweet potato chips and a chilli salsa made up of tomato, cucumber, celery, red onion and pineapple served in a lettuce cup.

Delicious.

It’s now 10pm and I’m pretty tired. It was about 2.30am when I fell asleep this morning.

So …





Nite all.

No comments: