Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 17, 2023

Day of Surprises

It was a cold night, so cold that I closed my bedroom window and it was difficult for me to climb out of bed this morning. I was so snug and warm under the blankets, I just wanted to stay there. 

Eventually, Harley’s whining forced me to get up and face the day.

I rugged up in my fluffy slippers and matching coat.

I cooked breakfast and took Harley for a 35 minute play around and in the pool.

When we finished, I gave Harley a treat and I climbed back into bed.

After about 20 minutes, I received a text from BGWLBH asking me to accompany her into the Bay to consider some display options for our stall next week at the art and craft expo.

So I jumped out of bed and made myself presentable and off we drove.

In the end, the trip was wasted because we don’t even know the location of our stall in relation to the hall. Do we have a full wall behind us? Do we have a window? Are we in the middle of the hall? Are we in front of the kitchen counter?

All of this matters to determine exactly how much we can spread out or how compact we need to make it.

We did some grocery shopping and came home.

On the way home, I received a text confirming that The Gypsy was arriving at 4pm so I had just over an hour to make lasagne and a salad for the home crowd and then pack up the vegetable casserole and zucchini tartlets to take to Heart of Gold’s house.

It was tight but BGWLBH dropped me off just about on time.

We enjoyed 3.5 hours of girlie time and between the three of us we put together a delicious 3 course meal, all prepared earlier so there was nothing to do but heat it up.

It was a lovely afternoon/evening and I was home just after 8pm.

I watched a disappointing game of football before coming to bed.

Now I am exhausted!


Nite all.

No comments: