Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 9, 2023

Training Walk

Harley and I walked for an hour this morning.

We walked to the river then along the river path to the beach. He had his first walk on the sand at low tide and later we walked along the main road home.

Way back when we were first walking (about 4 months ago) he happily walked on a loose leash, but then I let two different people walk him two days in a row and they allowed him free rein. Big mistake on my part because I’ve struggled ever since to get him to walk on a loose leash.

He’s improving every day and he’s not pulling me but I’m constantly correcting him.

The main thing I worked on today was preventing him from chasing cars. By halfway, he was ignoring the traffic, including the 8 motorbikes that flew past us, however, he doesn’t like cars coming from behind. So that’s something else we need to work on.

Even after walking for an hour and refusing to drink at each water station, he still wanted to play when we arrived home, so I gave him 20 minutes around the pool chasing balls.

After that, I planted myself in front of the TV to watch some more ‘Stranger Things’.

Nothing productive for the remainder of the day.

Tonight I’m attempting to stay awake long enough to watch Djokovic play Alcaraz Garfia in the French Open Tennis Semi Final. I’ve never seen Alcaraz Garfia play and he’s number one in the world, so I’m looking forward to seeing him in action.

I’m leaving early in the morning for meditation at The Gypsy’s place so I hope the match doesn’t go for 4  or 5 hours!

I had a call from Number One Son this afternoon. He’s feeling down after breaking up with his girlfriend. I never met her and never spoke to her but I knew from her social media accounts that she wasn’t right for him. Very high maintenance and quite toxic.

He deserves better and I hope he realises it.




Nite all.

No comments: