Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 3, 2023

Yes or No

I had big plans for taking Harley and Adoring Husband to the Howard markets this morning. Our first big outing together and with Harley in a crowded space.

But I didn’t get to sleep until almost 1am and it was broken sleep until 6am. My brain was mush and I knew there was no way I could manage them both effectively, so we canned the idea.

Instead, I cooked breakfast for everyone and took Harley to the pool area for play time.

After I’d worn him out, I moved to the art space where I wrote my reply letter to Chicklet. So far I have written two letters to her and she has replied both times.

It’s an absolute highlight for me when I receive her letters and it means the world to me. I’ve bought a special box to store her letters in and I sent her a box to store mine. One of the great joys of being her grandmother.

I’d planned on doing more on my octopus but AH started watching a series on training kelpie working dogs and I made the mistake of sitting down to watch some of it. Within 5 minutes I was hooked so I settled in to watch the entire series which took us to the first game of football for the day.

I’m watching the Broncos vs Sharks game right now. Broncos are in the lead by 8 points and AH has gone to bed because he can’t stand to see his beloved Sharks lose. There’s still 15 minutes remaining in the game and anything can happen in that time.

Fingers crossed my Broncos can retain their lead to the end!

I think I’ll sleep well tonight and I’ll be in bed as soon as the footy is over.






With 4 minutes left in the game Broncos lead 20 - 12. Still anything can happen. 

Nite all.

No comments: