Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 1, 2023

Another First

The women played State of Origin tonight and once again, Queensland were victorious!

Their series only comprises of two games but this one was tough and hard fought. I enjoyed the game.

This is Harley on the way to the vet this morning. Still with cone.

I didn’t take a pic of him without it, but it didn’t take much to wear him out this afternoon. Half an hour throwing the ball around and IN the pool and he was sleeping for most of the afternoon.

He’s sound asleep in his bed right now.

It was a bit off putting when he tried to attack a couple of dogs at the vets and we had to be ushered into another room so that the other dogs could leave! Now I have to figure out how to get him out of that bad habit.

It just took a couple of minutes to remove his stitches and we purchased his 3 in 1 tablets for worms and ticks and fleas.

He wasn’t keen to get back in the crate in the back of the car but we eventually got him in there.

I have to confess that it was quite a stressful trip and I was happy to return home as quickly as possible.

I napped on the couch this afternoon and cooked a honey/soy (without using actual soy) chicken with sweet potato and garden salad for dinner and played trivia afterwards until the Women’s State of Origin started.

Now, I’m ready for sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: