Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Decision Time

CDC, increased infection risk in vaccinated.


The Voice …

Let me try and explain the Voice in a different way…

Albo puts a blindfold on you and takes you on a mystery flight where you have no idea where you are going but he is taking you to crocodile infested waters. 

He says you have to swim across the river to the other side. 

You have two choices. 

1. You have no idea what the deal is, where you are, zero information, but you trust him and do what he wants

OR

2. You say “based on the information provided, I am simply saying NO.”

It's a bit of a circulating cliche but "if you do not understand you are best to say NO. If you DO understand the detail you will say NO anyway.”


You know what to do.

I made the most delicious lemon/lime cheesecake today. BGWLBH can’t have any because even though it’s made with lactose free cheese and cream, she says she can’t eat dairy. So Adoring Husband, who says it’s the best dessert I’ve ever made, now gets to have her share as well!

I cooked up Harley’s food for the week and made myself some mushroom and leek soup which is really yum!

AH drove to Craignish to pick up the FROG box this morning.

We’ve had some good rain from storms over the last two nights.

That’s about the long and the short of it for today. Time to sleep.








Nite all.

No comments: