Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 1, 2023

Hibernating Nicely

There is no climate change (click on the link to read more)

Another uneventful day for me.

Adoring Husband had errands to run in town so I gave him a list and he ran some for me too.

I needed a new charging cord for my devices and bones and treats for Harley which meant driving to three different locations. He’s a good egg.

I had plenty of play time with Harley, did a little art, cleared the creepy crawly (yet again) and picked out the pebbles from the pool floor which required me getting wet from the waist down.

The water wasn’t too bad and I think it’ll be an early start to my swimming season this year! The other two are pussies and the water needs to be luke warm before they get in.

I’m enjoying the football tonight! The Roosters vs Rabbitohs game is a corker! I tipped the Roosters and they are winning by 8 points with ten minutes remaining in the game.

Anything can happen yet.

I’m signing off to go journal and read some cards.







Nite all.


No comments: