Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 4, 2023

Loving Tennis

First up this morning, at 6.30am, I watched the Australian, Hijikata, lose his third round tennis match. He was 110 in the world playing the number 10 player in the world, so expectations were low and the experience will only be good for him. He’s a good player so I think he will rise quickly. This game lifted him to about 87th in the world.

I had time to cook breakfast and play with Harley before Djokovic’s match started at 9am.

He won in three sets but the Croatian that he played put up a good fight. The score did not indicate how close it really was.

Thoroughly enjoying the tennis!

No art again.

No naps today.

I made cottage pie with snow peas and green beans for dinner. It was quite delicious.

Meditation in the morning so it’s time to sleep.







Nite all.

No comments: