Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Xmas Shopping Begun

As I mentioned yesterday, Djokovic was supposed to commence playing at 3.15am.

Thank goodness I didn’t set my alarm because when I woke at 4.45am, I turned on the TV and Novak had just won the first set 6-1. I think the match probably started closer to 4am.

He ended up winning  6-1 6-4 6-4. It was a little tougher than the scores indicate and I enjoyed the match.

Tomorrow at 10am, Alcaraz plays, so I hope to watch that one. I’ve only ever seen him play twice and both times were against Djokovic. He won one and lost one. I’m looking forward to seeing him play someone else.

Anyway, the match finished with plenty of time for me to get ready on time to leave with BGWLBH for a day in The Bay.

We shopped til we dropped.

I got a couple of Christmas presents, lots of groceries, art supplies from office works, browsed slowly through Maxine’s Shoes, enjoyed the arts and crafts shop at Pialba, almost bought a top in the dress shop, checked out the Reject Shop, bought a morning juice, got my lotto in and we looked at The Abode and their big sale.

BGWLBH got her nails done.

Comparatively speaking, we were home pretty early, but I have to say I’m feeling very tired now.








Nite all.

No comments: