Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

No Hoops Today

Meditation was awesome with a couple of newbies joining the group - they are actually ‘oldies’ from when I had meditation at the shop - but they are newbies this time round.

There were only two of us for hoop chi so we decided to give it a miss this week.

The Gypsy and I had two hours in a philosophical conversation that was inspiring and mind blowing. Everything that she’s been teaching for the last six years fell into place like a completed jigsaw puzzle.

When you step away from the conditioning that the mainstream world has imposed upon us throughout our lives, there is a line of thinking and actions we can take to change our outlook completely.

It can help us deal with life’s challenges in a lighter, more fulfilling way and that, in turn, encircles us with an aura of love and light that not only empowers us, but can inspire positive change in others.

The trickiest part is stepping away from the conditioning. It keeps trying to drag you back. It takes a conscious and concerted effort to keep your distance from that conditioning to allow the love and light to remain permanently.

Always a work in progress.

On the way home, I rode along the river path and sat for a while to take in the view. I leave it too long between connections with this lovely river.



I was home before midday and had a couple of plays with Harley throughout the afternoon, watched my quiz shows and made a tuna bake with garlic asparagus for dinner.

Our washing machine decided to scare us with some groaning and grinding so we’ve booked the repair man to come take a look next week. Ugh.

It’s almost 11.30pm and I fell asleep on the couch at 6.30pm! I need some solid sleep now.



Nite all.


No comments: