Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 25, 2023

At it Again

BGWLBH had an early nail appointment so we drove in extra early and had breakfast at the rocknroll cafe on the esplanade.

It’s a great place to sit, out the back in the booths, with old rocknroll music playing on the radio and 50s/60s music trivia questions on laminated sheets atop each table.

For BGWLBH, the food was average. I rarely eat breakfast so I was pleased to order GF raisin toast which is hard to find in cafes.

It was reasonably priced at $33 for 2 x poached eggs, 2 x bacon on GF toast, 2 x GF raisin toast with extra butter and 2 x pots of tea.

We probably won’t return, but it was a nice place to visit.

Before the nail appointment, we checked out the boutique just up the road and I bought 2 tops, I got some iodine from the chemist and put some money on my ring at Tinkerbell’s.

While she was getting her French tips, I strolled through the art and craft gift shop, Big W, Rivers and the other boutique and then found some art supplies in Choice.

We got some juices from Su Jus.

On the trip home, we crossed paths with Adoring Husband on his way to physio for his shoulder.

This afternoon, I spent time with The Gypsy and came home with just enough time to cook duck with a sweet and spicy mandarine sauce, mash, coleslaw and some tomato and capsicum from the garden.

Tomorrow is meditation and hoop chi day so I’d best get some sleep.








Nite all.

No comments: