Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 22, 2023

So Much Love

Wednesday was the end of year celebration for meditation.

Because of work or holidays, there was only three of us. The Gypsy, Heart of Gold and ME!

The Gypsy had booked a room at a resort in The Bay for three nights so Heart of Gold picked me up at 8.30am and we drove to the resort.

For two hours we sat on the balcony, drinking coffee, eating GF morning tea and chatting.

We decided to walk 500m to The Spotted Goat cafe for an early lunch which was absolutely delicious! 

On the walk back to the resort, we stopped and sat in the shade overlooking the beach and chatted for another hour.

Back at the room we changed into our togs/swimmers/bathers and jumped into the pool while it was quiet. We had an hour of peaceful floating and swimming before the holiday families took over.

Next we received juggling lessons from the Gypsy. A tough task that filled the room with laughter and little success!

The Gypsy then read our cards.

After 8 fun hours, it was time to pack up our goodies and head home.

Luckily, Adoring Husband and BGWLBH had organised their own dinner so I didn’t have to concern myself with cooking.

It was a long enjoyable day and I slept well that night.

Yesterday was a lovely day with Heart of Gold 💛 who wanted to create a vision board. She’d never done one before and after 3 hours we were still only part way finished. Here is mine so far …

The woman on the throne is something that we discussed in our last meditation class. We should be able to (metaphorically) sit on our peaceful throne and not be affected by the craziness of the world around us. 

When friends, family or others bait us with their nastiness or try to drag us unto their drama, our peaceful throne can keep us calm, lovingly detached and unaffected.

This is my imagined throne.

We had home made burgers for dinner last night and followed that up with some trivia.

There has been some lovely rain falling and the forecast is for much more over the coming week so we’re expecting a wet Christmas which is okay by me!

It’s currently 7.30am and I am still in bed. Harley is asking to be let out of his bed so I’d best get moving.

Have a lovely day everyone!







Good morning all.

No comments: