Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 22, 2023

It’s Definitely Christmas

After much discussion and mind changing this morning, Adoring Husband decided to stay at home while BGWLBH and I drove into The Bay with a very long ‘to do’ list.

The traffic was horrendous and finding a car space to park was a challenge in itself.

Our first stop was Dan Murphy’s.

We don’t drink.

For some reason, we decided that we would drink alcohol over Christmas and New Year.

As we reached the entrance to Dan’s (9.10am), there was a steady stream of people exiting with trolleys loaded with all kinds of alcohol. When I say ‘steady stream’, I mean a ‘Niagara Falls’ of trolleys! 

There were so many people inside Dan’s, that we had trouble navigating our way through the aisles!

We purchased 4 x pineapple vodka cruisers, 4 x lychee vodka cruisers, mango/lime margarita mix, pina colada mix and a small bottle of vodka.

From there we went to Petbarn to get some liver treats and a Christmas present for Harley.

We battled our way through Stocklands to various stores and because there had been an accident at one of the main exits, we had to join a long queue at the Aldi exit. It was slow moving and a little frustrating.

By the time we’d finished and started heading home, it was 1pm.

Starving for lunch.

We’ve had some more good rain today. 20mm in 24 hours!

Now I need to sleep.



Nite all.

No comments: