Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 1, 2023

Unproductive Me

ATTENTION TO ALL PARENTS WHO NEED TO TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT SANTA ๐ŸŽ… 

Son: "Dad, I think I'm old enough now. Is there a Santa Claus?." 

Dad: "Ok, I agree that your old enough. But before I tell you, I have a question for you. You see, the “truth” is a dangerous gift. Once you know something, you can't unknow it. 

Once you know the truth about Santa Claus, you will never again understand and relate to him as you do now. 

So my question is: Are you sure you want to know?" 

Brief pause...

Son: "Yes, I want to know"

Dad: "Ok, I'll tell you: Yes there is a Santa Claus" 

Son: "Really?" 

Dad: Yes, really, but he's not an old man with a beard in a red suit. That's just what we tell kids. You see, kids are too young to understand the true nature of Santa Claus, so we explain it to them in a way that they can understand. 

The truth about Santa Claus is that he's not a person at all; he's an idea. 

Think of all those presents Santa gave you over the years. 

I actually bought those myself. 

I watched you open them. 

And did it bother me that you didn't thank me? 

Of course not! 

In fact it gave me great pleasure. 

You see, Santa Claus is THE IDEA OF GIVING FOR THE SAKE OF GIVING, without thought of thanks or acknowledgement.

When I saw that woman collapse on the subway last week and called for help, I knew that she'd never know that it was me that summoned the ambulance. 

I was being Santa Claus when I did that." 

Son: "Oh."

Dad: "So now that you know, you're part of it. You have to be Santa Claus too now. That means you can never tell a young kid the secret, and you have to help us select Santa presents for them, and most important, you have to look for opportunities to help people. Got it?"

Help each other this Christmas๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ… and...be kind ❤๐Ÿ’•

Today was a MOST unproductive day.

I played with Harley and cooked my breakfast and planted my butt on the couch for the entire day.

I have nothing to declare.

Except … my current husband phoned my X-husband to discuss his experience with Deep Brain Stimulation.

Parkinson’s disease AND me are the common denominators with my husbands!

Anyway, my X-husbands experience was very positive and he had a very successful outcome, no longer suffering the symptoms that were so debilitating prior to the surgery.

I received a phone call from Number One Son who seems to be doing ok, although he’s still in hospital. With a little help, he’ll be ok.

For two days in a row the weather bureau has forecast dangerous storms for us. Gale force winds, giant hail and flash flooding. As per usual, that giant line of dangerous storms split in two, parted ways, and completely missed us.

The weather bureau even told us that wouldn’t happen this time!

Pfffft!

Anyway, it’s 9pm and I’m going to fall asleep while watching “Legally Blond 2”.







Nite all.

No comments: