Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Please Release!

Tuesday is meditation day and today’s meditation was timely and relevant.

Afterwards, during Qi Gong, The Gypsy taught us about the acupressure meridians and showed us where to massage our own bodies to clear the channels that connect our internal organs. 

Every part of my body, except my arms, had massive knots and blocks. The pain when I pressed the pressure points was quite intense and I gave them a solid go!

I may have over done it.

The Gypsy didn’t hang around for chats today because she wanted to beat the rain home, which meant I arrived home about 90 minutes earlier than usual.

I chopped up and prepared vegetables for Harley meals and then filled the slow cooker with goodies for bone broth and set it for 16 hours.

Harley and I got to play for about 20 minutes before the rains came.

I moved into my art space, unwrapped each individual new pen, and did some more to my art …


My tummy began to feel a bit funny so I decided to lie down in bed for a while. Ninety minutes later I was sitting on the toilet throwing up in a bucket which I placed strategically between my knees 🤢. 

This was the outcome after my self inflicted massage on my meridian points! I did too good a job! I released too much too quickly and my body couldn’t cope.

While it didn’t feel pleasant at the time, it was good to purge and after a good nights sleep, I should be full of vim and vigour tomorrow.

Adoring Husband and BGWLBH had to fend for themselves for dinner.

I made myself some toast and anti-inflammatea when my tummy felt ready.

Harley and I are now in bed ready to sleep.







Nite all.

No comments: