Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 27, 2023

Advantageous

While I don’t understand why we have the Black Friday sales in Australia because it originated in USA on the day after Thanksgiving, I got to take advantage of the sales today and replaced some of my t-shirts that darling Harley has destroyed in his first year of puppyhood.

I purchased five lady’s t-shirts at $13 each! Bargain!

I tried, again, to find Adoring Husband’s Clive Cussler book but it’s still on the truck heading towards our QBD bookstore and should arrive some time this week.

Our pool is in dire need of assistance from a pool maintenance professional, so I stopped at Poolside in Main Street and applied for their gold service. Hopefully we’ll hear from them soon.

It was great to have Su Jus cafe reopened and we grabbed juices today. Their signs said they were closed for refurbishing, but it doesn’t look any different to me. Maybe they just wanted a holiday?

Despite my trip into The Bay, Harley still got plenty of play time with me.

We received some nice light rain this evening.

Now I’m off to sleep. As long as the rain isn’t heavy, I have meditation and Qi Gong tomorrow. The Gypsy won’t drive the 2.5 hour return trip in heavy rain. Wait and see.







Nite all.

No comments: