Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Teen Time

Happy 13th birthday to my beautiful, smart, hilarious, kind and awesome granddaughter Chicklet ❤️







We FaceTimed this evening and she was amazing, leaving me wishing for a big squishy hug.

They, as a family, have had a wonderful holiday together to celebrate her special day and they seem pretty relaxed and happy.

I miss them.

To help ease my pain, Bubbles will be here on Thursday for a week. It’s been 18 months since we’ve seen her and 4 yrs since she stayed with us.

Having digestive issues during the night, I woke this morning with very low energy, with sciatica that would floor an elephant and feeling mentally drained.

This meant I missed meditation and qi gong.

I attempted some art but motivation was too low so I lay on the couch streaming Landscape Artist of the Year.

Of course I played with Harley.

My chicken didn’t thaw in time for dinner so I had to improvise and cook frozen GF meat pies with vegetables.

Trivia and MAFS.






Now it’s time to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: