Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 11, 2024

Get Smart

Missed it by this 🤏🏻 much.

After a day in The Bay on Saturday, I was so tired, I went to bed at 6pm and was asleep by 8.30pm and didn’t wake up until 6.30am.

Apart from one pee requirement before midnight, my sleep was sound, so I woke up feeling refreshed.

I had morning play with Harley, fresh crab for breakfast and plonked myself on the couch to sit through five hours of art.

There’s a series called “The World’s Greatest Paintings” so I learnt about 

  • Van Gogh and his Sunflowers
  • Da Vinci and The Mona Lisa
  • Botticelli and his Birth of Venus
  • Picasso and his Weeping Woman
  • Monet and his Water Lillies
  • Millais and his Ophelia
  • Turner and The Fighting Temaraire
  • Velazquez’s The Rokeby Venus
There are two more in the series and it’s SO interesting! Learning about the artists and how young they were when their gift was noticed, their lives, traumas, madness, loves and losses. How some made their fortunes while living and others made nothing and didn’t become famous until 100s of years after their death.

Home made hamburgers for dinner tonight, followed by trivia and MAFS!

It’s now 11pm so sleep time for me.










Nite all.

No comments: