Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 20, 2024

We Are Here

The two bedroom apartment is small and cosy.

If we were staying for a week or two it would be unacceptable, but for two nights, we can handle it.

Apparently it’s one of a few apartments NOT refurbished, so the furnishings are old, the kitchen is tiny and difficult to work in (lucky I don’t plan on cooking), it’s not air conditioned and the two pedestal fans provided, are on their last legs. 

We are on the third floor so there is a bit of a water view.

My bed is VERY comfortable.

The TV is a very old smart TV but it takes 20 seconds for each channel to load which is very frustrating.

There is free wifi which works at a decent speed.





We left home at 10.30am and arrived in Maroochydore around 1pm. We were so tired that we decided to find lunch in Sunshine Plaza before checking into our room. That was a bad move because the food court didn’t have a lot to offer.

I bought two new bras in Myers.

Maroochy RSL was our choice for dinner. I chose a hearty bangers and mash with onion gravy and peas. BGWLBH had steak with chips and salad. They were both very enjoyable.

Tomorrow night we’re going to our favourite Thai restaurant around the corner. 

I’m exhausted now and we’ll be leaving early for Eumundi markets so it’s sleep time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: