Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, February 23, 2024

Done n Dusted

QLD Govt Cloud Seeding Research Program 

QLD Govt Cloud Seeding Project

Early Rain Making Experiments in QLD

Australian Govt Intentional Release of GMOs

It was an exhausting two days on Sunny Coast!

Four hours walking around Eumundi Markets and spending up big. The weather was hot and the crowds surprisingly big. There were LOTS of stalls and my purchases included a large hand crafted bird house with bird feeder, a malachite ring …

… 3 bracelets, 5 x birthday gifts, a journal and 2 x hanging mobiles for under the Bali hut and some wind chimes.

We were so exhausted, we drove home and napped all afternoon! We had an early dinner at the RSL and returned home to sleep some more.

On Thursday, before we drove home, Sunshine Plaza was our destination. We shopped for 2 hours … 5 x tops, 2 x bras, a handbag for Hazey, pyjamas, knickers, GF cakes and tarts, GF donuts and more.

Once again, we were exhausted, but had to make the 2.5 hour drive home. We stopped at Gympie on the way to buy a box of GF pies from Beefy’s.

We were home by 2pm.

Even though it was short, it was a really nice break away from home, but it was also great to return home and see Adoring Husband, Harley and my lovely bed.

Today was a rejuvenate and rest day so I did absolutely nothing apart from play with Harley.

Now it’s almost midnight and I’m ready to sleep … again.






Nite all.

No comments: