Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 17, 2024

Safe Sunday

The Story of Eric I’m impressed that a man of this generation used his common sense and didn’t take mainstream media BS as gospel, especially with all that they put him through. He’s a hero. (Click on the link to read his story)

I enjoyed a lazy Sunday watching movies and the football.

I’m coming last in our family footy tipping comp. Ugh 😩 

My castor oil poultice worked very well last night. The pain had reduced by at least 60% by this morning BUT Harley seemed to be attracted to that foot like a magnet all day!

He stood on it, knocked it, jumped on it, fell on it and climbed onto it, causing me a great deal of pain so that by this evening, the pain had increased to almost the same level as the previous night!

Needless to say, I’ve made another poultice tonight with extra castor oil.

I’ve taped the poultice to my foot with some plastic to stop the castor oil from leaking. I’ve taped more plastic around my foot for extra protection and then taped a sockette over the top of that.

I’ve just realised that I forgot to sprinkle cayenne pepper onto the oil (it’s supposed to increase blood circulation). Bugger.

I made tuna penne for dinner and served it with a salad and pine nuts sprinkled over the top.

MAFS night!

Nothing else to report.







Nite all.

No comments: