Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 16, 2024

First Super Saturday

I forgot about my blog last night.

Sorry bout that 🥴

Friday was quiet.

Adoring Husband drove into The Bay for an appointment and to run some errands, which included a trip to Bunnings (BGWLBH and I don’t do Bunnings!).

I sat on the couch catching up on my recorded TV shows and of course had some Harley play.

There were two games of footy to watch.

Today was voting day, but first, BGWLBH and I drove into town. 

We stocked up on some art supplies at Spotlight. I purchased 4 new bras from Harris Scarfe, one of which STILL has the security attachment on it so I’ll have to return next week to have that removed!

A nice trip to Office Works where I got myself one of those little instamatic cameras and some film. I like the idea of taking a photo to send with Chicklet’s letter each time.

I picked up some new toys for Harley. He hasn’t had a toy (apart from balls) for quite some time, because he chews them into a thousand pieces in ten minutes flat!

Today, I got him a stuffed squeaking shark which is (or was) about a foot long. It literally took him ten minutes to destroy it. I also got a stuffed frog, which I haven’t given him yet, and a rope toy.

I bought a spiky ball which I was going to use for my sore foot as a massage ball, but it hurts too much so I gave it to Harley. It has a squeak in it and he squeaked his way all through the last two games of football tonight.

At least he’s happy 🐶

I have a spur under my right foot, right under the big toe. It is PAINFUL all the time and the pain wakes me up at night, but I spent too much time walking on it today. My foot is swollen and it is aching big time!

My remedy is to wrap it in a castor oil/cayenne pepper poultice overnight, every night for the next week. We’ll see how that goes.

I cooked chicken and chips for dinner.

We watched three footy matches for the first super Saturday of the season.

Now I’m tired and I need sleep.







Nite all.

No comments: