Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 11, 2024

Oscars Night

Want to see how authentic, real, and convincing artificial intelligence (AI) is and how it can be used for deception, manipulation, and corruption?  Take a look:

I watched a great movie today called “Damsel” with Millie Bobby Brown in the strong female lead. It’s on Netflix. Not a movie for everyone but I enjoyed it.

Adoring Husband and I spent an hour drilling holes and attaching hooks under the Bali hut this morning and I now have (approximately) 40 pretty things - lead light mobiles, wind chimes, crystals, creatures, hearts of different sizes and materials, bells, spinners, felt, feathers and more.

I’ll take a pic tomorrow and count how many there are.

We’ve had some scudding rain today - just like yesterday - and I think this pattern will continue throughout the week.

Harley surprised me today. He has to stay outside after we play because he’s always wet from jumping in the pool.

Usually I close both the glass sliding door AND the screen door, when I come inside but today I left the glass door open AND I didn’t pull the screen door shut properly.

He used his nose to slide the screen door wide open and stood in the doorway looking at me - I was in the lounge room quite some distance from the door - I called out to him “You can’t come in. You stay outside.”

He lay down on the doorstep and stayed outside for an hour (with the door still wide open) - until I went to him and told him he could come in!

I was suitably impressed. He’s such a clever boy and I love him to pieces.

It’s sleep time for me.





Harley draped over me while he sleeps …

Nite all.

No comments: