Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Health & Healing

I have spent today in bed, only to get up and make dinner and then return to bed.

After Monday’s effort and overdoing it when I was so fragile, my body felt like it needed to isolate, go solo and heal in a horizontal position, so that’s exactly what I did.

Adoring Husband bought me a beautiful bunch of sunflowers 🌻 🌻 🌻 to help me feel better and made tomato on toast and a cup of tea for my brunch.

My team played with Harley morning and afternoon but it seems they weren’t up to making dinner, although BGWLBH did make a salad to go with the spaghetti bolognese that I prepared.

I received a letter from Chicklet today!

It was funny because I texted Vegan Chickie asking if Chicklet had replied to my letter yet (it’s been 5 weeks since she received my letter but since then they’ve been on holidays AND all had gastric illness) and 15 minutes later, in walked Adoring Husband with her letter in his hand!

So I replied immediately so that I could send it with Vegan Chickie’s birthday parcel.

If I’m feeling this well or better tomorrow, I hope to go into The Bay with BGWLBH.

I’m not ordering from the new FROG box people anymore. 

The first time I ordered green apples and they substituted red apples, so I emailed them specifically asked for NO SUBSTITUTIONS and to give me credit for the following week if they don’t have what I order.

The second time, I ordered green beans and they substituted zucchini so again I emailed them and received an apology.

The third time happened two weeks ago when I ordered green grapes for AH (he doesn’t eat red grapes) and they substituted red grapes. I still had red grapes left from the previous week so I did not need more.

I have not emailed them for this third time, but have decided to stop ordering from them.

I like the fruit and veggies in the kiosk at Stocklands and also Farm Gate who have a stall about ten minutes from here are also good, so I’ll purchase from them instead.

Hopefully that will happen on Wednesdays.

I did some colouring in today too …



So it’s time to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: