Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 23, 2024

Slept In

Harley woke me at 9am!

I fell asleep at 11pm, woke to pee at 12.30am, fell straight back to sleep and didn’t stir until I heard Harley’s soft whine at 9am.

Unheard of.

It was a simple Sunday starting with Harley play, breakfast, watching my recording of the 1% Club, watching a musical called “In The Heights” (which I loved!) then all afternoon watching the footy.

Dinner was spaghetti squash with bacon, pine nuts and lemon served with honey sesame chicken.

Today is Vegan Chickie’s 44th birthday. How did that happen? We chatted for about an hour this evening and laughed a LOT! 

On Monday, Number One Son returns to hospital because his mental health has deteriorated again.

I sent Bubbles a text at 4pm yesterday and she has not responded. She was going for a second interview for a job she wanted and I need to know how she went! They were considering creating a position for her instead of giving her the one she applied for, so that’s pretty cool.

Ok. I’m yawning now so it’s time to sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: