Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hi, my name is Age Challenged rQQzy and I am a Twi-aholic.


Team Edward Forever!!

Along with my daughters and sister, I am, among millions of others, a HUGE Twilight fan!

I have read the books 3 times and seen the movies countless times and am currently, very impatiently, awaiting the release of the next movie in the series, 'Breaking Dawn' part 1, which isn't released until November this year.  

I am a grown woman with few hormones remaining and enough life experience to control my hankerings for most things, other than chocolate and my morning coffee, and it is killing me having to wait so long for this new movie!  How in heaven's name does a crazy, hormonal teenager do it??!!

My oldest daughter fell passionately in love with Edward (and I'm not going to explain the storyline or the characters because if you don't know about it by now, you never will, and you probably need to get out more!) a long time ago and would swoon and drool over him while reading the books over and over again.  When she told me the storyline, I stated emphatically "Oh no, that doesn't sound like my kind of thing.  It wouldn't interest me at all!"

She was so convinced that I WOULD be interested, that she sent me the first book in the series, 'Twilight',  for Christmas about 2 years ago.  She told me that I MUST read the book before seeing the movie.

Well, I didn't even start reading it til about March and I struggled to get through a couple of pages at a time, but I love my daughter, and because it was her favourite book, I pushed myself to finish it.  It took me a couple of months to get half way through the book ... and then all of a sudden, I was hooked!   Thank goodness, she had sent me the sequel, 'New Moon', for mother's day!

I began reading it voraciously and before I had finished it,  demanded that Adoring Husband drive me 30 minutes to the nearest book store to buy the final 2 books in the series, 'Eclipse' and 'Breaking Dawn', because I knew that I just could NOT possibly WAIT to continue the story!

I am, and always will be, Team Edward.  I could gush over my reasons, but only Twilight fans understand the Team Edward v Team Jacob war ... although I could easily be convinced in a Team sandwich (see photo below).

I sometimes, to Adoring Husband's genuine disgust, wear a big black t-shirt to bed that sports a beautiful portrait of Edward on the front.  I have various other pieces of Twilight paraphernalia, which I would never wear in public, I own the three released dvds in the series and, as previously, stated am hankering for the next movie in the series to be released.

Should I also admit that I attended, with Adoring Husband in tow, the midnight screenings of 'New Moon' and 'Eclipse' along with hundreds of screaming teenagers at our local cinema?

I am very happy to be labelled a Twi-hard, but I would really appreciate NOT being called a Twi-mum, if that's ok.  I watch the Twi-mums on TV and they make me a little bit embarrassed, bouncing up and down like teenagers and wearing the Twilight gear proudly like a badge of honour in front of international cameras for all the world to see!  Really??!

I'll do that in the privacy of my own home and I'll bounce up and down in front of Adoring Husband and my kids ... that's embarrassing enough for them ... imagine what they would do if they saw me on a television screen doing that?!

So, anyway, that's my big confession.  I'll probably do some heavy duty GUSHING in November after I've seen the next movie.  You probably should prepare yourself because I do get a bit excited and it does take a few weeks to settle down after the event.  I promise that I'll put a proclaimer at the beginning of my post that day! 

Team Edward Forever!!

Team Sandwich ... maybe!







  







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Team Edward all the way!!!
I too am anxiously awaiting!

Sis xo