Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Camera Heaven

***sob***

My camera died today.   ***sad face***

It was showing signs of illness yesterday when I was trying to take a photo of a lovely little green frog in our en suite bathroom.  It took an hour, but I finally got it to work.

I thought it might be the battery, but even after it was fully charged, as soon as I put the battery back in the camera, it caused a red light to flash, even when it was turned off!  It's possessed!!

I already miss it.

This morning there were turtles swimming close to the bank of the river.

A tiny little green tree frog attached itself to a leaf on the frangipani tree.

New lilies have opened in the fish pond.

Our hibiscus has four beautiful flowers blossoming on it.

Ten inch tall mushrooms are growing on the front lawn of Grace's house.

The butcher has a new little bulldog puppy who is just adorable and crying out to be photographed!

A storm bird was lurking in the massive fig tree on the riverbank.

It is incredibly frustrating to not have a working camera when these photographic opportunities arise!

My camera is two and a half years old and I have used it every single day since I bought it, so, I think it has lived a full life and I have definitely got my money's worth.

When I first got it, Vegan Chickie also bought a new camera while overseas, and we decided to send each other 'pic of the day', which would be a photo of something that we had seen or done each day with a description of the circumstances that led to the photo being taken.

It was a great way to have daily contact and be connected with each other's lives.  Our photography has improved over time and I think both of us have taken some pretty spectacular shots.

Quite strange that for the last two weeks, Adoring Husband has been researching new cameras.  His intuition must have been tuned in ... he DOES have that strange electrical energy around him ... maybe he could sense that it was ready to die??!!

So he has already emailed some camera details to me and has some good ideas about what is available and what costs we are looking at.  If money was no object... oh my goodness!  The fun I could have!

I am feeling very sad that my camera has gone to camera heaven, but I am very excited about making friends with a new one!

No comments: