Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Rainy Windy Grey Day

I missed a rainbow opportunity by **this** (insert Maxwell Smart voice here) much this morning.

It was raining lightly when I left home on the trike.

There was a beautiful rainbow in the distance and I knew that one end of it was up river, and if I could get to my 'seat of knowledge' quickly enough, there was a photo opportunity in the offing.

I jumped on my trike and pedalled as hard and as fast as my little legs would take me - which was hard work into a strong, wet headwind!!

I passed some friends who were on their morning walk and they stopped, expecting me to stop too, but I yelled "I'm hoping to catch the rainbow before it disappears!' as I sped past them.

They called back "Oh yes!  It's just beautiful down there!"

By the time I reached my spot, the rainbow was fading fast.

I jumped off my trike, unwrapped my camera (wrapped in a towel and plastic for protection in the back of my trike) and ran to the 'position' and raised the camera to my eye...

... nothing ...

My rainbow had faded to almost non-existence.  I could barely see it and the camera lens could not pick it up at all.

Such disappointment.

This is the second time that I've missed a perfect rainbow opportunity!

At least I know the signs now.  I know which direction to look and I know the weather pattern that could possibly provide me with this opportunity.

I just have to bide my time.

So I pedalled to the bakery to get my coffee and returned to my morning spot.

The weather was looking ominous but every so often there were some lovely magic moments.

The sun's rays poking through the rain clouds.
Just keep snapping away and surely some beauty will appear!

So, it's a rainy, windy, grey day with no more photo opportunities.

Just a day for wearing slippers, sitting on the couch, working on the laptop, being relaxed and sharing some quiet time with Adoring Husband.

Nite all.


No comments: