Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Everyone We Meet.

"We are a part of everyone we meet."

I follow the blog of a photographer, Rick Sammon.

http://www.ricksammon.info/

In one of his posts back in April, he wrote about his father.  It was one year since his death.

He liked this quote, because it reminded him of the qualities of his father, that he could see in himself.  His father had died at the ripe old age of 91 and they had a good relationship.

I really like the quote too and if you think about it, it's not just the important relationships in our lives that shape us, but even brief meetings can have an affect that ranges from minimal to profound.

I guess that's why it's important to make every meeting a happy and positive experience, so that people take away a little piece of joy!

.... Speaking of little pieces of joy ....

Vegan Chickie, the Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet had a family outing today and had lunch in Maryborough where they took this photo.



She loves going out.  So much to see and do!  She is always happy and smiling.

In the meantime,  if we are a part of everyone we meet, it means that there is a part of me in everyone who has met me too!  That's kind of scary and amazing all at the same time!

Nite all.


No comments: