Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Long Walk

The weather was looking way too ominous to risk our trip to 1770 today, so it was cancelled.

***sad face***

We decided instead, to wait for low tide and go walking out along the sand flats with all of our camera gear.  By 'we', I refer to Adoring Husband and I.

Surprisingly, the rain held off for the couple of hours that we were out there.  A brief light shower passed over us late in the day, but we just shoved our cameras up our shirts to protect them for about five minutes and then continued on.

We both took hundreds of photos and we have both already deleted hundreds of photos (as you do) and kept the best ones.

Sea Art - there is beauty everywhere, if you look closely enough.

Tough Crab - one of these little guys chased Adoring Husband across the sand trying to bite his feet!

Escape Crab - these buggers burrow into the ground so quickly!  Got him just in the nick of time!

Three Amigos - the colours are amazing

Wet Kiss - So many seagulls!
It was a hive of activity out there!

I have a few more photos to post tomorrow.  A big turtle hiding under a rock, a dog playing with a sting ray in the shallows, more seagulls, Adoring Husband etc etc.

It was a really nice day, although, I must say that my back wasn't impressed with carrying so much heavy equipment for such a long period of time AND getting up and down from bended knee so often.

Hopefully, if we do this often enough, it will gradually strengthen all of those muscles and it won't be a problem.

Ah the joys of getting older :o)

It's Super Saturday!

Three games of NRL football tonight, so Adoring Husband and I are parked on the couch enjoying the penultimate (big word for the day) round of the season.

His team is currently winning and I am going to sign off here quickly, so that I don't have to announce that the score has changed.  That tends to happen with his team **insert cheeky grin here**.

Adoring Husband might be annoyed with that comment and he might just advise me to take another long walk!

Nite all.

PS  Just as I typed the closing line, the opposition scored and Adoring Husband is not happy!

No comments: