Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Submitted!

Here is my entry into the photography challenge!



I tried a few different things.

It was suggested that I photograph Adoring Husband bathed in candle light (I don't know if they wanted him naked or not!).

I loved the idea of photographing Chicklet sleeping in candle light, but she is such a light sleeper, it just wouldn't work.

I tried getting the candle light reflecting in my sunglasses, but it didn't look as effective as I expected.

I attempted to blow the flame so that it lay horizontal from the wick, but the flame just danced around as if it was in a nightclub listening to Vanilla Ice (showing my age lol).

I also lured the dogs to the candle and tried to take a photo of one of their faces illuminated by the flame, but the low light left the dogs a little blurred in the background ...


Vegan Chickie suggested the sparklers so I took a few snaps tonight and was pretty happy with the outcome.

Tomorrow is the final day for submissions and there are two photos submitted that I think are amazing.

The same guy who won the last challenge will probably win this challenge as well.

As I commented under his submission - he thinks outside the square, is creative, imaginative, emotive and artistic and I envy all of those qualities in his work.  Aside from all of that, he is an excellent photographer!

Anyway, I'll let you know next week, the results of this challenge, but for now, it's submitted and I can rest my weary brain!

Nite all.

2 comments:

The Undertoad said...

Your photography is stunning big sis!

Age said...

Thanks little bro. I appreciate your appreciation :o)