Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Weekend Travel

Adoring Husband and I are going on a photography trek this weekend to a little place called 1770.

http://www.breakloose.com.au/html/adventure_articles/regional/qld/town_1770.php

So here I am at 10.30pm trying to get some washing done, even though the weather forecast predicts rain until Monday.

I have golf at 6.30am tomorrow and then in the evening we have a show and dinner.  Somewhere in between I hope to get the washing dry, some ironing done, bags packed and house tidied.

A message for the weather .... **Please be kind to me**

I had a phone call from my brother this evening.  Our Dad used to call him 'The Convenient Greenie', (which was a much nicer nickname than mine, which was 'Lardguts'.).

Until last week, The Convenient Greenie and I hadn't had contact for six years, which was when our Mum passed away.  Not because of any family feud or anything like that,  we just live very different lives at different ends of the country and life just gets in the way sometimes.

The Convenient Greenie and his 'Soul Mate', are currently struggling through some major unexpected medical problems and it was because of this that communications opened up between us again.

On one hand, it's unfortunate that it takes major traumas in our lives to bring us together, but on the other hand, it's great that we are 'there' for each other in times of need.

It was lovely catching up with him tonight. Now that they are home, away from the stressful hospital environment and can concentrate on recovery, we can have a friendly, relaxed chat, about 'stuff'.

We discussed catching up some time soon, and if all goes well, they may come down this way for a visit before Christmas.  That would be nice.

I hope that things turn around for them and that their future begins to look brighter very soon.  Let this be a hurdle that can be overcome and then they can live happily ever after.  Let life be so good to them that I don't hear from them for another 26 years (and I mean that in the nicest possible way).

Nite all.



  

No comments: