Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Candle Light

This month's photography challenge is 'Candle Light'.

We were given this challenge on 12th August and have until 25th August to complete it.

My brain is tired from trying to come up with something original.

I need to think outside the square but my brain is planted firmly dead centre of the square!

So far, of the 108 possible entries, only ten members have taken on the challenge.  Last month, there were 17 entries out of a possible 90.

Most of the members are infrequent contributors to the group and there are about fifteen people who go into flickr every day and either post photos or comment on other's photos.

Although I've only met a couple of the members face to face, there are a few, with whom I've built a good rapport online, and whom I hope to meet in October at the group weekend in the Bunya Mountains.

Some of them are very good photographers and I very much value their critique of my photos when I post them onto flickr.

This is why I feel very intimidated when these challenges are set.

I feel like my photographic skills have improved beyond my expectations, and every day, I learn more, from my new friends and just from practising the different forms of photography.

I also feel like I have a long way to go and that I can't compete with their experience and skill level.  I know that I HAVE to compete, to improve my own skill level and learn as I go along.

Simple and obvious.
My competitive nature gets the better of me and sometimes scrambles my brain.

I do my best work under pressure, so maybe tomorrow or the next day, I will come up with something genius ... in the meantime ... if there is anybody out there who would like to share a genius idea with me, I would gladly take it on and attempt to make the most of it.

Nite all.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about a photo of a sleeping Chicklet
taken by candlelight only - actually I really
love the photo above. It has flair!
xx gg'ma