Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

'Stuff'

Got some 'stuff' done and checked two more things off my 'to do' list today :o)

Adoring Husband went off to golf this morning.  He sometimes plays on a Tuesday for some extra practise.  His handicap has improved by ten strokes over the past few weeks and he is really enjoying his golf.

While I was at morning tea with Kaz and Lady Lynn this morning, I received a phone call from Adoring Husband advising me that he was on his way home early.

Somebody had tee'd off and when Adoring Husband realised that the ball was heading straight towards his head, he took a dive and landed awkwardly on his shoulder.

When he felt pins and needles in his arm, he realised that he couldn't continue playing for fear of risking further injury, and had to come home.

This is a fairly straight forward tale.

I'm looking forward to bringing it up with his golfing buddy, Claudius Maximus, who I'm certain, will have a much more hilarious take on this experience!

Just so you know ... Adoring Husband cooked dinner tonight, so he is certainly not incapacitated.  He is feeling a little tender where he landed, but appears to be in one piece.

If 'stuff' is going to happen .. it's going to happen to Adoring Husband, but he always survives intact.

I spent an hour or more trying to capture the perfect foam photo today.  I am trying to decide between three ... although I may spend a little time tomorrow trying for something different, because I'm still not completely happy with the results.

Isn't it nice that I have the freedom to spend so much time concerning myself with 'stuff' so petty and frivolous?!  How lucky I am!

I had a lovely family lunch today.  Chicklet and I had a little fun with some water, while Vegan Chickie sat by giggling at us.  Precious 'stuff'.  Precious moments.

There are kittens being born in Blackwater tonight.  While I am not, by any stretch of the imagination, a cat fan, it's exciting 'stuff' for Squirt and the girls.  At last report, there were 5 and I received a photo of them on my phone, as they suckled on an exhausted mother cat.

I'm thinking of the 'stuff' going on for my brother, the Convenient Greenie and his partner, Soul Mate, whose lives are not going along so smoothly at the moment.

I hope that they are either travelling safely, or have arrived safely at their destination and are feeling the love for a while.

I love you.  Take care of each other.

So, there is plenty of 'stuff' happening in the family, some good, some not so good and some heart-breaking.

That's life.

Nite all.

No comments: